Areas of Design Expertise
Embedded Software and Control Solutions
Embedded control solutions:
- embedded software design and code development for microcontroller, microprocessor and DSP based systems.
- Specializin in desigs utilizing Renesas & Microchip products.
- Hardware and embedded software design utilizing:
- I2C bus
(Serial Peripheral Interface), FPGA cores & test benches also available
(Controller Area Network)
- LIN (Local Interconnect Network) bus
- Motion control
- Temperature measurement / control
- Converters (A/D and DAC)
- Hi Res LCD displays
Hardware, software and system integration.
- LabVIEW™ Real-Time and programmable logic (PAL / FPGA) for control.
- Custom cellular based applications for CDMA, GSM, UMTS, GPS, & Analog.
- Prototypes developed to "Technology Readiness Level"
New product realization. Design and management through all phases of new product design and development.
Project management and complete turn-key solutions.
- Specification Development: Determination of project needs and subsequent translation to techical, engineering
Prototypes, both mechanical and electrical, and proof-of-concept models completed to "Technology Readiness Level" TRL-6.
- Design and development of: electronics (FPGA, board, and system level), embedded
software (Renesas MicroChip & Others), mechanical design, electronic packaging, hardware / software
integration, physical PCB design and layout (Pads, Orcad, & others), and testing (extensive LavView capability).
- Prototype development through to "Technology Readiness Level" TRL-6 and initial production runs at Level 1 contract manufacturing facilities.
- Electronics design and development: FPGA and digital / analog circuitry for
mixed-signal applications. Design, simulation (VHDL, Verilog, and board level),
analysis and test (Labview & Visual Basic).
Schematic capture, physical design / PCB Layout (Orcad & Pads).
- Mechanical design of packaging, assemblies, housings, enclosures, and
- Short range and low power wireless links: Infrared and IrDA links, CDMA, GSM, GPS, RFID, ZigBee,
BlueTooth, & 802.11.
Prototypes completed to "Technology Readiness Level" TRL-6 and assebly runs (qty 1-500), testing, packaging, & shipping.
- Compliance certification
Electromechanical design of fluid control devices (air & water) & water purification
- Sensors: sensors for pressure, temperature, motion, force, & strain.
Prototypes to to "Technology Readiness Level" TRL-6, (qty 1-500), testing, packaging, & shipping.
- Industrial Design: Mechanical design and engineering.
Detailed mechanical design using state of the art 3D modeling techniques.
- Packaging (utilizing SLA technology, Plastic injection
molding, & Aluminum / Steel bending & milling) for the
integration of machanical electronic designs.
- Mechanical design, modeling, and validation, testing and certifications.
Prototypes and proof-of-concept models developed to to "Technology Readiness Level" TRL-6.
While Adapticom is located in Raleigh, North Carolina and has historically serviced clients in Durham, RTP, and Chapel Hill, as well as the Eastern Seaboard,
Adapticom now has clients spread across the continental United States, including California and Texas.
Adapticom Inc. does business as an Engineering Consultancy Firm offering an alternative to outsourcing.
Rather than being an "outsource", we become part of your team and exhibit loyalty to it.
Adapticom provides an on-site presence and interacts frequently with client team members to insure a good comfort level and business relationship.
The business model is akin to an enhanced-consultancy that has the manpower to perform real work rather than simply providing advice and recommendations.
| Engineering Services
| FPGA Security
| Product Development
| New Product Development
| Diesel Generators and Fuel Cell Technology
| C. McCord Reference Page
Adapticom, Inc. © Copyright 2008, All Rights Reserved Worldwide.